Title: Art Director Needed for Burglary – Short Film for ‘My Rode Reel’
· Where: Melbourne, inner-eastern suburbs (one location)
· Short quirky Comedy think Amelie meet The Royal Tenenbaums
· Unpaid role, $300 budget to play
· Experienced DP and Gaffer on board
· Submitting to My Rode Reel Short Film Competition + other festivals
· Punchy script (roughly 90 seconds long)
Hey guys, we’re looking for an art director to join our small crew for this short comedy shoot. We’re looking to apply for My Rode Reel, which is quite a popular international short film competition. The shoot should be a lot of fun with some high quality visuals that will look great on a showreel. The film is a cautionary tale about a character being robbed in broad daylight with a few comedic twists.
The role would be ideal for someone starting out in art direction, and looking to gain some production experience. Working closely with our DP you will be giving support and access to 3D pre-vis of the location, floor plans, colour pallette and wardrobe breakdowns etc.
This is an unpaid role, and the very low budget will go towards the art direction and equipment hire for the film, but we’ll make sure there’s plenty of food, drinks and that your travel expenses are all covered. We can also turn the shoot into a pool party once we’ve wrapped up so it should be fun.
All minors must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.