The position involves ongoing weekend work, driving to party venues (private homes, community halls, schools etc) and working solo or with other entertainers.
1) Must love interacting with kids
2) Enjoy performing & have boundless energy
3) Have own reliable car & current driver’s licence
4) Available and committed to work weekends including Friday evenings, Saturdays & Sundays for 2 -3 hours. We will only accept applicants who can do all three days
5) Willing to travel all over Sydney to various disco’s (must be willing to go to gigs in the north, south, east & west)
6) Dance skills to teach kids simple dance routines
7) Confidence and strong enough to control the party room and host school disco’s with up to 200 kids (how cool!)
8) Be punctual/have awesome time management skills (super important!)
Most discos go for 2 hours and trained entertainers would usually have 1-4 parties per weekend, from Friday afternoon to Sunday afternoon. More weekend work is available in peak season, October – December. This position would be perfect for a uni student or someone who still needs time to study or be available for other performing commitments.
Rate of pay varies depends on experience but is between $80-$120 per party.
We have a great training program to bring entertainers up to speed with all aspects of the role. We’ll train you, teach you some simple dance routines and then start booking you for parties immediately. It’s desirable (but not essential) for applicants to be based on the North shore or in the Northern Beaches as the first few weeks will require training in these locations.
If you like kids, music and performing, it’s a fantastically fun and rewarding job. Our mission is to inspire children to DANCE, EXPRESS THEMSELVES and HAVE FUN through music!
If this sounds like you, please send us your resume along with a short cover letter outlining your suitability towards the essential criteria above and also your availability. Please do not apply if you do not fulfil the Essential Criteria. We’re looking for committed long term applicants (at least 1 year commitment).
We look forward to hearing from you!