Company: Cornfield Dance
Location: New York, NY
ADMINISTRATIVE DIRECTOR – CORNFIELD DANCE
Cornfield Dance is seeking a proactive, highly organized, detail-oriented arts administrator to work a minimum of 10 hours a week starting April/May 2017. Cornfield Dance is a small and active dance company under the artistic direction of Ellen Cornfield, a dance artist renowned for her work as a dancer with the Merce Cunningham Company and as an independent choreographer. Cornfield Dance has a 28-year legacy, presenting Ellen’s work in 8 countries in addition to her extensive work around the United States. Please visit www.cornfielddance.org for more information about the company.
The Administrative Director should be an experienced and confident arts administrator interested in working directly with Ellen Cornfield on the administration of the company. Qualified candidates must be exceptionally organized, flexible, and creative, as well as possess strong interpersonal skills and have insights into the NYC dance community. The ability to balance multiple projects and deadlines at once is essential, as is the ability to manage a wide range of tasks independently.
Key responsibilities of the Administrative Director will include:
– Coordinating dancers’ schedules to organize rehearsals and secure rehearsal space
– Contacting presenters and booking engagements
– Researching grant opportunities, tracking deadlines, and completing applications
– Maintaining the annual operating and individual project budgets
– Finding opportunities to cultivate individual giving
– Initiating and maintaining marketing efforts, through social media and materials developed in collaboration with presenting organizations
– Keeping the Cornfield Dance audience informed through regular e-newsletters and updates to information on the company website
– Organizing files and projects
– Maintaining regular communication with the Artistic Director
Salary to be negotiated based on weekly hour commitment and prior experience.
To apply, please e-mail a resume and cover letter to Elizabeth Henderson at firstname.lastname@example.org.