Company: Dance New Jersey
Location: New Jersey
Compensation: Stipend available.
Dance New Jersey is a service organization committed to advocating the excellence of dance and dance education in the state. We are currently seeking qualified interns for 6 to 12 month appointments. Learn the functions of our non-profit organization that serves the greater good of New Jersey’s dance communities, while gaining valuable experience in arts management. If you are interested in developing administrative skills within the arts, and becoming better connected to the network of dance in New Jersey, please consider joining our team of professional dance advocates!
The Dance New Jersey Administrative Assistant Intern will work closely with the Executive Director. They are the point of contact for all email inquiries regarding the organization. The Administrative Assistant Intern is an integral in organizing and managing yearly 8 – 10 events. This is a wonderful opportunity to learn more about the dance community in New Jersey and is ideal for anyone interested in nonprofit arts management.
General tasks include, but are not limited to:
– Providing administrative support and assistance to the DNJ staff
– Maintaining the DNJ website, including calendar and event submissions
– Creating and managing event forms
– Organizing the Show Up and Dance shows
– Managing the DNJ email account
– Researching funding opportunities
– Attending and Managing DNJ Events
– Taking minutes at board meetings
– College Undergraduate with Administrative Experience or Graduate from an accredited institution
– Roughly 8- 10 hours per week. This includes office hours one day a week and working remotely
– Farmstead Arts – 450 King George Rd. Basking Ridge.
– Excellent writing and communication skills
– Highly organized and attentive to details
– Ability to multi task and work efficiently
– Must be a self- starter
– Knowledge of the dance scene in New Jersey
– Must have reliable transportation and technology
Please send cover letter and resume to Lisa Grimes at email@example.com