Company: KINEMATIK Dance Theater
Compensation: Modest Stipend
INSITU SITE-SPECIFIC DANCE FESTIVAL is seeking a production and administrative intern for the 2017 festival for immediate start.
| WHO WE ARE:
INSITU is a unique two-day site specific dance festival taking place at the LIC waterfront in the summer of 2017 in Queens/NYC. Through free public outdoor dance performances and community workshops, INSITU encourages residents and audiences to discover their neighborhood through dance and strengthen the relationship to their community. INSITU is produced by KINEMATIK Dance Theater with the support of our community partners: Socrates Sculpture Park, Chocolate Factory Theater, Hunters Point Parks Conservancy, Jacob A. Riis Neighborhood Settlement and LaGuardia Performing Arts Center.
| WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
Applicants who are :
– reliable, committed & organized
– passionate about the arts, dance and social practice
– positive & self-motivated
– strong written and inter-personal communication skills
– proactive and forthcoming with ideas and opinions
– confident and friendly personality
– social media savvy
– fundraising and previous arts administration and/or dance production experience a plus.
Intern will work closely with artistic director Svea Schneider and will assist in general administrative and operational activities such as:
– database management
– correspondence with press contacts, community partners and donors/sponsors
– plan and coordinate fundraising activities
– research and organize grant opportunities
– production assistance (hiring services, renting equipment etc)
Interns will gain:
– invaluable experience in dance and festival production
– arts administration & management experience
– an understanding of what it takes to plan and execute a large scale community dance festival.
– possibility to participate and perform in community outreach events
– get access and connection to many Queens based arts organizations, press contacts and community leaders
Minimum 3 months, extensions welcome
6-8 hours per week
Schedule and weekly hours are flexible
This internship offers a modest stipend. College credit is available and we will provide recommendation letter and references.
To apply please e-mail resume and letter of interest as well as general availability and schedule to email@example.com Selected applicants will be contacted for an interview. Applications are on a rolling basis.
| MORE INFO: