This is a creative opportunity to work with children and be in charge of creating a Story Dance to be performed in a professional theatre.
Teachers will be teaching 12 x 60 minute classes ($70 per class) at a school across Terms 2/3. Teachers can take on multiple schools if desired.
A Wakakirri Story Dance is a 3-7 minute performance by a group of students that theatrically tells a story using a combination of dancing, acting and creative movement to pre-recorded music. Schools can tell any story and use any combination of dance, creative movement, acting, music, props, costumes and sets.
• Experience teaching dance/creative movement to children
• Well organised and good communicator
• Confident directing skills
• Understanding of Wakakirri Story Dance Challenge
• Working with children check (mandatory)
All teachers will need to complete a Wakakirri Accreditation training course (free).