Title: 1 Atelier seeks Social Media/Graphic Design Intern
Date: 25 August 2017 8:57 pm
1 Atelier is an independent luxury brand born in New York City that celebrates individuality and empowers confident self-expression by inviting people to create one-of-a-kind handcrafted handbags through a digital design platform. We are building a transformational luxury brand that delivers exquisite custom products, manufactured in New York City, and delivered in less than 21 days. 1 Atelier is returning luxury to what it once was, in a way it could only happen today.
We are a fast-paced startup just hitting our stride, where we are completely transforming the luxury experience and disrupting the luxury industry. We were recently selected by Fast Company as one of the Most Innovative Companies in Style for 2017. Our internal mantra is “Work Hard. Be Kind. Change the Game.” Our promise is that you will learn a lot from a highly experienced team, including the founders, who are industry experts. Take a look at www.1atelier.com/about to watch our video and read about the founders. Our office is based in the Garment District in NYC.
We are looking for a highly self-motivated, resourceful and reliable intern to help us with virtually everything we have going on at our very exciting startup related to graphic design, content and social media. This candidate needs to be excited about the fashion tech community, and enjoys consumer brands and being part of a fast-paced fashion business with a lot of moving parts, where we are trying to completely disrupt and transform an industry.
The ideal candidate is motivated to take initiative and self-lead while completing tasks, is super smart, creative but also analytical, an excellent communicator and detail oriented, proficient in Microsoft Office (very good with Excel), Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and basic retouching and typography. Furthermore, you should have meaningful experience creating (and posting) visual (and copy) content for social media campaigns across multiple online channels (Email Newsletter, Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, etc) to increase consumer engagement, web traffic, and conversions. Experience with Klaviyo and/or HTML is a plus although not necessary.
Lastly, it’s all hands on deck in a startup so this person needs to be willing and comfortable doing anything that comes up, as we all are doing! We prefer full-time (9 am to 6 pm) however are open to someone who can work at least 20 hours a week around their academic schedule. This is an unpaid internship.
– Assisting the photo retouching team with product asset creation, recoloring and updating assets and cutting out digitized patterns for the customization platform
– Creating and updating technical sketches of handbags also for customization platform
– Working with the Copywriter to create visual and copy content for email marketing, web site, and social media according to the Editorial Calendar and posting (or scheduling) it across all social media, taking advantage of SEO best practices where possible
– Monitoring, analyzing and reporting all social media performance
– Researching current trends to stay abreast of changes in the social media marketing space