Title: 3.1 Phillip Lim seeks Atelier Intern
Date: 24 August 2017 4:53 pm
3.1 Phillip Lim is not just about fashion. We are about the relationship you have with clothes and how it fits in our modern lives. Designer clothes you can wear every day, day to night, weekday to weekend without compromising style and without a hefty price tag. That is modern luxury to us.
This simple idea that began in 2005, revitalized a new space in the market of designer clothing at contemporary price points, helping to challenge the conventions of the market. This challenger spirit and independent way of working is how we have built our business and it is the culture in which we work. We are looking for like-minded, agile thinkers with a curious nature, who enjoy fashion – but has interests beyond it – to bring passion and new ideas, to a fast-paced, independent and personable company.
Atelier interns should have a strong knowledge of fabric, construction and patternmaking. Interns should also have the drive and determination necessary to perform in a fast paced, high-energy designer environment. With multiple seasons happening at one time, it is very important that the students are organized and attentive with a strong attention to fine details.
– Candidates should be either 3rd or 4th years in school.
– Candidates should be proficient on Microsoft Office, primarily Excel.
– Advanced knowledge of fabrics and trims.
– Strong knowledge of sewing/construction techniques.
– Basic patternmaking skills.
– Good attitude and eagerness to learn.
This internship can be for credit only. Lunch and travel allowance are provided for interns working full days (9am – 6pm) and will be discussed at the time of hire.
Minimum 2-3 days per week. Full day hours are 9am-6pm. Half days are permitted with supervisor approval.
– Assist atelier in creation of tech packs and trim sheets for domestic sample production.
– Become familiar with various fabrics and trims used in high-end contemporary garments.
– Become familiar with both women’s AND men’s garment fit and construction.
– Work in the atelier to better understand pattern making, sewing and garment finishes for high-end designer clothing.
– Copy patterns for patternmakers when needed.
– Assist in embellishment and trim placement when needed.
– Shop for replacement trims, substitution fabrics and other supplies related to the production of sample garments.
– Work to understand the full production cycle with the leadership of Atelier Coordinator and Atelier Manager.
– Patternmaking/Garment Construction/Fabric/Trim detailing
– Assisting with daily projects as they arise
– General organization & maintenance of atelier and other relevant information