Title: 6Up Division of North6 seeks Fall Event Management Intern
Date: 9 August 2017 7:30 pm
6up is a full-service event design and production company looking for two reliable and motivated people to join our team. You will be assisting on numerous fashion and charity events starting mid or late August through November, with the ability to stay longer if discussed prior. The hours will be based on availability but we are looking for someone who can dedicate 3 full days a week, from 10am-6pm.
The internship is unpaid, but we can offer a monthly metrocard as well as compensation for working at an event.
You will gain a working knowledge of event design and production and gain practical experience for a career in the event industry. You will receive hands on experience, as working events is mandatory.
Interns must be able to:
– Have working knowledge of Microsoft Office
– Be familiar with Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
– Work onsite at Events
– Perform physical labor at times (helping load trucks for events or organize our storage room)
– Be punctual and reliable
– Have an interest in event production as a career
– Be organized and detail-oriented
– Be natural problem solvers
– Experience is a plus.
Daily Tasks Include:
– Helping in the office with accounting books
– Learning and Helping with Venue Management
– Creating and maintaining contact lists for events
– Researching venues, materials, event specific items, etc.
– Running errands (picking up & dropping off supplies, etc.)
– Preparing for shows/events (organizing supplies, creating backstage signage,