Title: August Silk, Inc. seeks Technical Design Internship
Date: 3 April 2017 9:34 pm
Here at August Silk, Inc. an intern in the department of technical design will gain an understanding of how construction and fit are incorporated into a final garment. You will work with designers to translate their desired styling into a well-constructed and fitted garment, and help bring their vision to life.
You will help take samples and create fit and style-related measurements, as well as help create details such as stitches and other components. An internship in the technical design department will help you become well-rounded, and understand the life cycle of how a garment is made from start to finish.
This is paid position for a technical design internship 2-3 days a week, with flexible hours. This is a great opportunity for a student or recent grad to be exposed and gain experience to the technical and product development aspect of the business.
• Pursuing a degree within the apparel industry
• Knowledge of how to measure garments
• Adobe Illustrator and/or Photoshop is a plus
• Filing of specs for each division and season
• Helping to prepare packages to send overseas to factories.
• Measurements of protos/fit samples according to specs
• Preparation for fittings
• Help process fit photos for tech comments
• Organize and maintain sample bins in the tech office
• Occasionally use Illustrator and/or Photoshop to define measurements and garment details such as fit corrections with photos, editing sketches, or creating diagrams
• Occasionally attend a fitting for proto samples or bulk production