Title: Buying Intern
Date: 23 November 2016 | 6:49 pm
Tenet is a lifestyle brand and company founded in November 2009 with the goal of creating a uniquely curated collection of emerging and well established men’s and women’s fashion labels as well as a selection of contemporary art and furniture. From clothes and hand-made surf boards, art and design pieces, books and magazines, every item available at Tenet has been thoroughly considered.
TENET is seeking a buying intern for the Spring 2017 season. This is an excellent opportunity for those who want to gain valuable hands-on experience in buying. As a minimum, we require a 24 hrs / week commitment.
– Excellent product knowledge and strong interest in women’s and men’s fashion brands across contemporary, advanced designer, and luxury.
– Strong organization skills and has extreme attention to detail.
– Desire to work in a fast-paced and results-oriented environment.
– Ability to be a fast learner and work independently as well as collaboratively.
– Proficient in MS Excel.
– Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop not required, but a plus.
– Assist in the inventory management process through detailed data entry and monitoring of purchase orders.
– Support the buying team through labeling and organizing images and linesheets.
– Conduct market research and provide competitors’ analysis.
– Provide support cross functionally with buying, operations and retail teams to improve operational efficiency.
– Assist merchandising retail team in social media outlets and content developing.