Title: Design Intern
Date: 11 November 2016 | 3:51 pm
View33 is a fully integrated multi-line showroom representing a diverse range of emerging and established European & American designers and fashion brands. We are looking for fashion design interns, focused on Women’s Ready to Wear, to join our New York office immediately for the Fall/ Winter 2016/2017 season.
Our internship program is extremely hands-on and a very unique and exciting experience, as you will learn ALL facets of a multi-line showroom including sales, marketing, merchandising, while working directly alongside the View33 Design team.
Qualified applicants should be eager to gain valuable experience in the heart of the fashion world, highly motivated, self-starter, multi-tasking and detail-oriented with a strong interest and knowledge in the fashion industry.
Day to day tasks include trend research, aiding the design team w with dsign ideas, sketching Photoshop etc.
An absolute confidence in your sewing skills is essential
– Proficient in creating Tech pack.
– Artistic Skill in Sketching.
– Proficient in hand sewing.
– Minimum of 3 full days a week.
– Excellent written and oral communication skills.
– Must be creatively driven.
– 100% reliable and extremely eager to learn.
– Must know basic principles regarding fashion design – fabrics, notions, etc.
-Researching trend and color
-Assisting the design team with design ideas
-Helping to create marketing packages and line sheets using Photoshop and Illustrator.
– Running important errands.
– Coloring/updating sketches.
– Updating boards.
– Preparing packages for European sample making + tracking
– Organization of fit photos and fittings.