Title: Design Intern
Date: 2 November 2016 | 4:23 pm
Based in New York, TOME sees Martin & Lobo’s collective experience expressed in a range that is practical and straightforward – clear cut, essential dressing. Purity is the cornerstone of this ‘every woman’ brand. Form follows function and every piece in the collection is infinitely wearable.
• Basic ability to cut & sew – experience outside of classroom not necessary
• Basic Design & construction knowledge
• Good Design aesthetic (creative and innovative)
• Sourcing Trims and Fabric
• Knowledge of Fabrication
• Design Research
• Assisting on Fittings
• Reacts well in a fast-paced environment
• General day-to-day coordination of studio tasks
Being a small team, Design interns are also required to help in the other departments including Production, Sales, & PR.
All internships require willingness to learn, great communication skills, and the ability to react quickly when problems and changes arise.