Title: Design Intern-Women's Fashion
Date: 14 October 2016 | 11:12 pm
Lady Lux Inc. seeks Design Assistant Interns to join our team for the upcoming Fall (September 2015) internship program. We’re looking for passionate serious interns seeking to build a stellar resume and gain professional experience in the Fashion Design/Product Development field.
As a Design Assistant Intern with Lady Lux Inc. you are involved in the product development and execution. This internship opportunity provides a clear insight into the development process of garments, which has a strong focus on research and detail-oriented innovation. This opportunity offers creative freedom while working closely within the design aesthetic of The Brand and the Designer of Lady Lux.
Lady Lux is an exclusive high-end women’s fashion label distributed all over the world. For more information visit www.ladyluxswimwear.com
• Interns must be available at least 2 days per week (7 hours a day)
• Interns must be residing in the Orange County, California area.
• Ability to prioritize and manage a variety of tasks in a fast-paced environment.
• Outstanding communication and presentation skills.
• Strategic and creative thinker with advanced problem solving skills.
• Highly ambitious, self-motivated /takes initiative.
• Strong passion for fashion/apparel/product development.
• Research and concept development (mood boards, trend reports etc..)
• Research and source new materials, suppliers and manufacturers
• Experiment with materials, shape, construction and finishing
• Assist the Designer in pattern development and spec sheets
• Sew (on machine & by hand) creative samples in each stage of the product development process.
• Assist Designer in size fittings with models
• Create overviews and artworks, working with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
• Working on show pieces / special projects
• Assisting at shows- photo shoots, trunk shows, fashion shows & tradeshows etc.