Title: Dressed MV seeks Creative Writers for a Magazine
Date: 13 March 2017 | 4:00 am
Dressed MV is a Lifestyle and Fashion Magazine located on the beautiful island of Martha’s Vineyard. We are looking for a few good interns (men or women- we’ve had both!) to write 1-2 articles/issue – monthly (on a chosen designer, store, musician, restaurant, etc) in addition to writing a once per week blog post pertaining to fashion and style for the website. You will be able to have a full-time job while living on the island for the summer.
Please check out our website at www.dressedmv.com
Candidates must have a professional yet upbeat attitude, a strong interest in fashion/style, music/food and be hard working, organized and enthusiastic. They must want to experience the fast-paced and exciting world of writing for a prominent Fashion Magazine located on the beautiful island of Martha’s Vineyard.
Candidates must also choose to live on the island of Martha’s Vineyard during the course of the 2017 summer internship.
We are looking for an intern(s) with a GREAT sense of urgency in high-pressure situations. They must be able to multi-task and have a sense of the island (boutiques) within the first week or two.
Applicants must submit a cover letter, writing samples and blog site to with “Creative Writer for Dressed MV 2017” in the subject heading.
– Write 1-2 well written, engaging articles per issue
– Write a fun, upbeat blog post pertaining to the island’s fashion and style
– MUST have a sense of urgency in high-pressure situations
– MUST be able to Meet Deadlines!
– Individual must be well-organized and punctual
– Must be able to think outside the box and inject ideas
– Use correct sentence structure and punctuation
– Be able to use a thesaurus when writing in order to ensure a well-written piece for the magazine/blog post (NO repetitive words)
– Meet/check in with his/her editor several times/week