Title: Fashion PR Intern
Date: 3 November 2016 | 8:08 pm
Our ideal candidate is organized, self-motivated and eager to gain hands-on experience in the field of fashion public relations. We are looking for passionate interns with a working knowledge of the fashion industry and an interest in pursuing a career in public relations. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must! Applicant should be a self-starter and able to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment. A love of fashion is a necessity, and strong computer and management skills are appreciated.
This is an unpaid internship. However, we do provide reimbursement on the following:
– Metrocard – for travel to and from the office
– Lunch – up to $10/day
Ability to work at least 3 days a week is preferred.
– Previous work or internship experience in fashion/PR are a plus
– Strong Computer skills (Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Fashion GPS) are appreciated
– Must have a high level of accuracy and attention to detail, strong problem-solving and analytical abilities
– Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
– Proactive in nature
Interns will report directly to the Director of Public Relations and Public Relations Coordinator
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
– Tracking samples and inventory
– Staying up-to-date on print and digital fashion publications
– Assist in maintaining and updating of database
– Material send-outs for editorial coverage & red carpet events
– Drops and pickups of products /errands
– Clean area and make sure all products are always clean and ready to go out to the next client
– Answer emails , phone, fax, etc.