Title: (Garment/Fashion) Production Intern
Date: 18 October 2016 | 2:11 pm
This post is currently FREE with a tweet. Apply now!
Jill Stuart is well known for her beautiful cocktail dresses, we are looking for candidates for the production department. This position will enable them to learn how the product gets done… from ordering raw material to the finish product being shipped to the stores.
We are looking for candidates of different backgrounds.
As stated above, this position is open for candidates of different backgrounds. You will acquire the garment knowledge to get the tasks done (no fashion or textile background needed).
Attention to detail is a must.
MICROSOFT OFFICE A MUST!
1. Learn about different types of fabrics and trims
2. Creation of trim sheets by style to ensure correct fabric and trims are used
3. Learn about patterns
4. Fittings: receiving overseas samples and preparing them for fittings; learning how to take notes during fittings
5. Administrative/clerk work
6. Making sure special assigned projects are completed on a timely manner.
Intermediate stage of the internship:
1. Creation of zoodata templates for each style (cost template, cutting ticket, specs)
2. Getting familiar with the operations of factories and suppliers
3. Learn how to estimate consumptions