Title: Maison Kitsune seeks US PR Intern
Date: 21 December 2016 | 5:45 pm
Maison Kitsuné is seeking a US PR Intern.
Maison Kitsuné, the Parisian high-end fashion brand and music label, was created in 2002 by Gildas Loaëc, a former manager of the French electronic music duo Daft Punk, and Masaya Kuroki, an architect. Combining high-quality standards of production with a contemporary attitude, Maison Kitsuné collections have a timeless elegance about them.
In accordance with the global marketing & PR strategy from Paris (HQ), the position’s main objective is to assist internal team with showroom management and press related coordination. The role will follow the North America PR plan and the candidate will work to ensure all activities align with brand image and positioning.
The position is based in NYC, and the PR intern will work directly with the HQ in Paris.
We’re looking for somebody highly strategic, creative, well-connected and respected among the style press. You know what it takes to build a brand and have the vision and ambition to make it happen.
Desired Skills & Experience:
• 1-2 years’ fashion or accessories PR experience
• Strong knowledge of fashion media practices
• Established relationships with fashion/lifestyle editors, bloggers, stylists, digital influencers and VIPs are definitely a plus
• Creative writing background, including press releases, developing and executing strategic PR plans and initiatives and hands-on experience managing media relations
• Proficient knowledge of Excel, Word and Outlook
• Ability to speak French is a plus
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Self-starter with inner drive for success “no task is too big/small attitude”
• Extremely organized with exceptional attention to detail
• Ability to prioritize, multi-task and adapt
• And most importantly, be passionate about Maison Kitsuné!
Maison Kitsuné is looking for a PR intern in the US, to take on responsibilities, including:
• Coordinating showroom appointments, sample requests and trafficking with HQ and PR agency
• Coordinating press launches and events with PR agency to build the brand profile
• Updating and organizing media databases (e.g. press list, wholesale, VIP, event, etc.)
• Overseeing and taking ownership of sample closet organization
• Maintaining sample spreadsheets
o Record each editorial request in the internal database
o Communicate important stylist/editorial requests with PR agency for fulfillment
• Inventory management
o Take inventory of samples as they arrive
o Photograph and log each sample in the database
o Set up and track shipping of samples, plug into relevant spreadsheet templates
• Communicating sample needs (excess/shortages) to PR agency so sample requests from Paris can be made
• Administrative assistance to US team