Title: Marchesa seeks Bridal Sales Intern
Date: 2017-10-18 21:32:30
British born Georgina and Keren met at Chelsea College of Art and Design in London. Georgina, a 2001 graduate of the Wimbledon School of Art, began her career as a costume designer. Keren graduated from Brighton Art College in 2000 and subsequently focused on print and embroidery design. Georgina’s draping and design expertise paired with Keren’s textile creations resulted in a business partnership and the establishment of Marchesa in 2004. Elegant evening wear, inspired by vintage and Asian influences, defines the Marchesa Collection. The beautifully crafted designs fuse high fashion with an eclectic aesthetic.
This is a very hands-on internship that provides a great opportunity to learn about bridal sales, production, merchandising and wholesale operations. Seeking a candidate who is articulate, a team-player, and enthusiastic. Previous fashion experience not required, but a strong interest is a must!
– Academic credit not required
– Must be of at least sophomore status
– Pursuing degree in fashion or business, with fashion related experience/internships
– Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Powerpoint, etc.)
– Must be able to work 3-4 days a week from 10am-5:30pm
– Market: Assist sales team during Market. This includes: set up of showroom, preparation of line sheets and model dressing.
– Customer Service: Answer customer requests about product and store locations.
-Trunk Shows: Create trunk show line sheets and packing lists.
– Sample Trafficking: Send and receive samples to stores and production. Update sample log book and maintain organization of the sample closet.