Title: Operations Intern (Winter 2016)
Date: 28 November 2016 | 10:36 pm
British born Georgina Chapman and Keren Craig have built a fashion empire defined by elegant eveningwear and one of a kind couture designs. The duo met at Chelsea College of Art and Design in London. Georgina’s draping and design expertise paired with Keren’s textile creations resulted in a business partnership and the establishment of Marchesa in 2004. With the extravagant and eccentric fashion icon and Italian heiress as their muse, Georgina and Keren’s beautifully crafted runway collections and accessories line fuse exquisite detailing with supreme femininity. Coveted not only by celebrities, but by women of all ages, Marchesa continues to be the centerpiece of iconic red carpet moments and high end fashion alike. Based in New York, the Marchesa collections are presently available world-wide.
We are seeking for an operations intern to join Marchesa’s operations department.
** Head-office location: Chelsea, New York
** Potential start date: December 2016
Intern must be a motivated individual, quick learner, and an independent worker
* Previous fashion internship experience is NOT required
* Please submit your resume and a brief cover letter including your availability to be considered
* This is an unpaid internship; academic credit can be given upon request
* Should be available 2~3 days per week, but we’re flexible and this can be discussed further during the interview process
* Potential start date: December 2016
Intern will be working directly with the Operations Assistant and be responsible for assisting the Operations department in all endeavors including daily administrative work, showroom/office maintenance as well as working with other departments within the company.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
– Assisting during Fashion Week (February 2017), Market Week (December 2016) and as well as at our upcoming sample sale (December 2016)
– Showroom management
– Traveling to numerous locations within the city
– Assisting with daily package shipments
– Filing documents and making copies