Title: Product Development Intern
Date: 19 October 2016 | 9:48 pm
Piece & Co. is looking for 3-4 Product Development Interns to support our team in our New York City office beginning in October 2016 for the Fall term.
Piece & Co. launched in 2011 with a mission to bring artisan-made textiles to the fashion industry. We design beautiful and innovative textiles for leading global fashion brands such as Tory Burch, Nike, Opening Ceremony, Diane von Furstenburg, Alice and Olivia and many others.
We believe that good design is good business. We’re committed to training and cultivating artisan groups, particularly those staffed by women. The scope of our supply chain is unique in the industry. We work with dozens of groups across Southeast Asia, Africa, South America and India. We build lasting relationships with both brands and artisans to ensure sustainability for all stakeholders.
Piece & Co. is looking for passionate and motivated interns to work with our Director of Textile Development. Daily activities will vary from creating inspiration boards, to developing tech packs, to pulling swatches for sales calls, and supporting the Fabric R&D Manager with projects as they arise.
• Unpaid position; must be able to receive educational credit.
• Fun, casual office in the heart of NYC.
HOW TO APPLY
Send a cover letter and resume that gives us a sense of who you are and will make us excited to meet you! Social media links relevant to your professional skills and background are welcome if you’d like to share (e.g. LinkedIn, personal blog, etc.).
• Comfortable with Excel, Photoshop/Illustrator.
• Strong textile knowledge.
• Knowledge of the NYC garment district.
• Passion for our mission to empower women artisans globally
• Work with our Product Development team to execute complex projects such as developing our collection and preparing swatches for customers.
• Work off tech packs and design inspiration images to create sample products; light sewing skills is a plus!
• Create presentation boards and do trend research.
• Improve our sample catalogue by taking photos of completed projects and recording development notes.
• Maintain fabric library.
• Assist in design allocation within global artisan network.