Title: Production Intern
Date: 6 November 2016 | 11:18 pm
The Order is a Chicago-based womenswear line, looking for enthusiastic and resourceful interns for production in our Chicago studio. Ideally, you will have some previous experience from a fashion program or previous employment.
If you’re self-motivated, driven, and interested in learning about independent fashion, we can offer a hands-on experience in all aspects of operating a small fashion business. You will primarily assist with production tasks such as sewing, patternmaking, packaging and product development, but will also be present for marketing events such as fashion shows, shopping events, and showroom visits.
Start Date: November 28
Days: 1-2 days/week, 5 hours each
Hours: 11am-4pm is ideal, but hours and days are flexible.
Occasional evening and weekend events are also a possibility.
-Interest in the production aspect of fashion design
– Ability to operate a sewing machine and serger
– Possess some patternmaking skills
– Understand design cohesion and the importance of branding
– Possess creativity, flexibility, variety, and growth potential.
– Should be open-minded, a fast learner, enthusiastic, and adaptable.
– Help with day-to-day sewing tasks
– Mark/cut fabric for production
– Organize existing samples
– Package/ship outgoing orders
– Source needed fabrics/trims
– Update website with new products and product details (via Squarespace)
– Assist with trade shows and special events to promote company and increase attendance.