Title: Proenza Schouler seeks Marketing & Communications Intern
Date: 10 July 2017 10:16 pm
Proenza Schouler is seeking Marketing & Communications/Digital interns for Fall 2017.
Proenza Schouler is a New York based womenswear and accessories brand founded in 2002 by designers Jack McCollough and Lazaro Hernandez. The duo met while studying at Parson’s School of Design eventually collaborating on their senior thesis, which became their first collection as Proenza Schouler. Named after the designers’ mothers’ maiden names, the collection was bought in its entirety by Barneys New York.
Proenza Schouler is defined by its fusion of craftsmanship and attention to detail with a sense of refined ease. Inspiration drawn from contemporary art and youth culture is combined with an emphasis on tailoring and the use of custom developed fabrics.
Proenza Schouler has played an important role in reinvigorating American fashion. Awarded with the inaugural CFDA Vogue Fashion Fund award in 2004, the emerging brand was established as a leading talent in the industry. Three years later, Proenza Schouler was honored with the 2007 CFDA Womenswear Designer of the Year award. In 2011 Proenza Schouler won their second CFDA Womenswear Designer of the Year award. And in 2013, Proenza Schouler won their third CFDA Womenswear Designer of the Year award.
Proenza Schouler launched its first handbag collection in 2008, including the PS1, a classic satchel that embodies a sense of wearable luxury that has become the brand’s signature. In 2012, Proenza Schouler signed a license agreement with IRIS S.p.A. to produce and distribute the brand’s footwear collections.
The first Proenza Schouler store opened in New York in September 2012. Located at 822 Madison Avenue, the two-floor boutique was designed by Adjaye Associates. The second store opened in October 2013 and is located in Soho on 121 Greene Street.
Proenza Schouler is sold in over 100 of the most exclusive retail outlets worldwide, including Barneys New York, Bergdorf Goodman, Harvey Nichols, Colette, and Joyce.
Though this internship is unpaid, candidates must receive college credit. The minimum commitment for the internship is 4 months.
Please contact us with your resume along with 3 references to apply with the subject as “Fall 2017 Internship.” Please specify your availability and potential start date.
• Have a strong interest in Marketing & Communications/Digital and previous experience in fashion or related industry
• Be enthusiastic, organized, detail oriented and comfortable in a fast-paced working environment
• Well versed in social media
• Intuitive, entrepreneurial, out of the box thinking
• Advanced proficiency in computers
• Proficiency in Adobe Suite (InDesign and Photoshop primarily)
• Be available to work a minimum of two days a week
• Be motivated and passionate
• Assisting with runway show preparation, including styling, photographing looks and administrative work
• Assisting in Social Media monitoring, content development and research
• Analyze and conduct digital marketing data and conversions on a monthly basis
• Coordinating marketing initiatives and conducting market research
• Conducting research analysis and composing thoughtful, articulated written and visual presentations
• Working alongside the team to develop special projects and upcoming initiatives
• Assisting team with all photo shoot preparation and dressing and styling models for marketing and ecommerce related events
• Assisting the department with day to day administrative responsibilities