Title: Public Relations intern Spring 2017
Date: 12 October 2016 | 1:37 pm
The Public Relations and Creative Services department at Vera Wang is seeking interns for spring 2017. Applicants must have a strong interest in PR, communications and fashion! Students must be enrolled in college and receiving credit to apply.
The Vera Wang Group is an internationally renowned company and THE industry leader in bridal. The worlds’ most influential and fashionable women look to Vera Wang when dressing for their most important events and public appearances. Both her bridal and evening apparel are sold at over 55 upscale retailers, including Saks Fifth Avenue and Neiman Marcus.
In 1990 she opened her own design salon in the Carlyle Hotel in New York that features her trademark bridal gowns. She has since opened bridal boutiques in New York, London, Tokyo and Sydney.
The Vera Wang brand reflects her vision to create a lifestyle that goes beyond core bridal and ready-to-wear, and into publishing, fragrance, beauty, accessories and home. These collections are positioned at the highest end of the luxury market.
If you are a motivated and astute individual and wish to be considered for this internship, please send your resume and cover letter with “PR INTERNSHIP” in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you!
-Currently enrolled in a communications or marketing program
– Strong communication skills
– Able to work in a group
– Assist Public Relations and Creative Services Department with daily administrative tasks full time on Mondays and Tuesdays (depending on schedule/events)
– Track media placements and online/print editorial
– Monitor magazine credits
– Maintain and constantly organize PR sample closet
– Support social media efforts; Facebook, Twitter (@VeraWangGang), Blog (Vera Unveiled), Weekly Newsletter (XO, Vera)
– Assist with organization and implementation of events; Fashion Week, Fashion’s Night Out, line reviews, store events, ect.
– Help in all miscellaneous department needs (including answering phones/emails when a manager is out of the office)
-Familiarity with fashion industry is a plus