Title: Sales Intern
Date: 6 October 2016 | 3:18 pm
This post is currently FREE with a tweet. Apply now!
Marc Fisher Footwear is a full-service, product-driven fashion footwear licensing and acquisitions firm with the expert capability to design, manufacture, distribute and market women’s, men’s and children’s shoes.
Skills and Specifications
• A sales intern must have excellent communication skills both verbal and written
• Must possess very good organizational skills
• Demonstrates persuasiveness and knows how to negotiate well
• Must be good with numbers as well.
Education and Qualifications
Sales interns are typically students of management courses. He/she must have basic computer knowledge and should be experienced with Microsoft Office products, primarily Word & Excel.
Sales Internship Responsibilities
Intern responsibilities include but are not limited to the below:
• Assist in combing the internet to view competitors, i.e. what assortments/product are they offering; what are their price ranges; what are they doing on social media; who are they selling that we are and who are they selling that we are not. We can use this analysis to better strategize our product, sales and marketing plans.
• Help search out new independents locally, but also nationwide via the internet
• Assist with detail sheets done after meetings with makeup accounts
• Help set up historical tracking sheets to note what we have booked, shipped, sold at retail on key items.
• Assist with pulling weekly selling recaps from retailers’ portals that take time to navigate
• Learn about different aspects of the sales cycle and different techniques used for sales
• Working under supervision and accompany the account executive during sales meetings
• Work to solve customer complaints, prepare customer contracts and make strategies for new business development
• Collaborate with sales force to complete designated projects
• Assist the sales rep to enter sales orders and checking orders for accuracy
• Assist sales reps to maintain availability reports
• Help to create details and line sheets for customers
• Work on special projects and additional responsibilities as needed