Title: SNOW XUE GAO seeks Summer Production Internship
Date: 29 April 2017 12:37 am
New York based women’s ready-to-wear designer, Snow Xue Gao, founded her eponymous brand in 2016 immediately following her debut spring/summer 2017 collection as part of the MFA runway show for the prestigious Parsons New School of Design. Following the company’s inception, Snow bowed her Fall/Winter 2017 runway collection being chosen to be one of three emerging designers to take part in the cutting-edge VFILES fashion show during New York Fashion Week in February 2017. In just those two seasons, Snow Xue Gao is sold in specialty boutiques worldwide as well as on her own website, www.snowxuegao.com.
Snow’s intricately draped and tailored collection breaks away the conventions of original garment—a blazer transforms into a skirt; wool suiting is inlayed with traditional Chinese dress—conceptually merging her Asian heritage and Western culture.
– Must reside in or near internship location in NYC during time of internship and always arrive the studio on time.
– Non-US residents must provide proof of J-1 or F-1 VISA
– Fluent in English and familiar with the terms.
– Positive attitude with great work ethic.
– Part time and full time internships available, full-day work (10:00 am to 6:00 pm, there will be a break from 1:00 to 2:00) is commanded.
– Candidate with fashion related studies will be in priority order.
– Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and be adapted at managing data/charts.
– Mainly focusing on the AW 2017 collection.
– Assisting the production team to manage the packages.
– Assisting the production team for the production fitting and taking notes of the changes.
– Assisting to allocate trims to styles – pulling/sourcing trims when needed.
– Assisting with the cooperation with factories.
– Keeping tracking the daily updated information.
– Uptown sourcing trips for trims and fabric combos.
– Archiving trim library and keeping trims organized.
– Helping assistant designer as needed with mood boards, flats and distributing documents.
– General organization & maintenance of samples and other relevant information.
– Helping all teams get ready for fashion week as needed.