Title: Theory seeks Design Intern
Date: 25 July 2017 1:22 am
The design intern’s main responsibility will be translating fashion hand sketches into technical illustrator flats. Other projects will include preparing presentation boards, organizing fit samples, researching design details, assembling tech packs, and general assistance in the design and development process. Fluency in Illustrator and Photoshop is a must. Strong hand sketching ability is an asset.
This internship will provide the candidate with general knowledge and understanding of the design industry as well as put into practice design skills such as flat sketching, mood board creation, and sample fitting. Must be available to work 4-5 days/week.
To apply, please sent your resume, portfolio samples, and illustrator flats. No phone calls please.
• Excellent computer skills including Illustrator and Photoshop
• Strong hand sketching ability
• Extremely organized and detail-oriented
• Good understanding of Theory aesthetics
• Positive attitude and demeanor with a strong desire to learn
• Sweater knowledge is a plus
• Creating technical illustrator flats
• Creating and revising prints for fabric development
• Preparing design boards for presentations
• Preparing samples for fittings
• Assembling tech packs
• Organizing fabric swatches
• Researching design details