Title: VARYFORM seeks FASHION DESIGN INTERNSHIP
Date: 12 April 2017 9:22 pm
VARYFORM is looking for a Chicago-based Fashion Design Intern who has strong design skills and wants to gain experience working on a full designer collection. It is an amazing opportunity for candidates who are passionate about womenswear design and want to learn a lot in a very short period of time, contributing across multiple design functions.
As a Fashion Design Intern, you will have the opportunity not only to gain invaluable experience of seeing a collection develop, but also work in a very friendly and creative environment alongside other artists at Positive Space Studios in Chicago’s Logan Square. Previously, VARYFORM has been based out of the Chicago Fashion Incubator at Macy’s on State St.
• Ability to demonstrate passion & experience of design process through work experience, Fashion Design coursework, and/or self-taught professional techniques.
• Willingness and enthusiasm to learn new skills.
• Maturity and tact to handle feedback, training, or new situations.
• Appreciation for high-end details and techniques.
• Must be available for at least 3 months. Ideal candidates are available for 5 months.
• Applicants seeking school credit strongly preferred.
• Assisting in multiple aspects of the collection development process: sourcing of fabrics and trims, actively contributing at fittings, adjusting & labeling patterns, sewing prototypes, communicating through sketching and draping, providing critical design feedback on the collection
• Actively learn about the industry as a whole by reading and reporting on current events and topics requested by the designer; Analyzing the relevance of these events to VARYFORM strategy.
• Representing the brand professionally during client visits to the studio, sales events, press interactions, etc.
• Delivering patterns/samples to/from local Chicago manufacturing partners.
• Other activities, based on your long-term career plans and areas of interest & expertise.