Title: Visual Merchandising
Date: 2017-09-29 21:34:20
A company with great personality and charm; Carolina Herrera Ltd. is internationally recognized for sophisticated, feminine, and elegant designs in the world of fashion. With these principles as guiding light, Carolina Herrera Ltd. has broadened its sights to reflect the needs and lifestyle of twenty-first century woman. In 1981, when she presented her first collection and founded her company, the designer Carolina Herrera was already very clear about the style of the woman she wanted to dress. In every collection; from her bi-annual fashion shows presented in New York, to the pre-collections and bridal collection she has remained true to her vision. When designing her daywear, marvelous evening dresses, and breathtaking bridal gowns, Carolina Herrera has always been faithful to her classic feminine style with a modern twist. The first Carolina Herrera free-standing boutique opened its doors in 2000 in Madison Avenue, New York. In 2006, a second boutique was inaugurated in Melrose Place, Los Angeles and was joined in 2008 by a third boutique opened in Highland Park, Dallas. 2009 two more boutiques opened first in Bal Harbour, Florida and most recently in Las Vegas, Nevada. These boutiques house the signature Carolina Herrera New York ready-to-wear and bridal collections. In addition to the five Carolina Herrera New York boutiques in North America the Carolina Herrera New York ready-to-wear collection is sold in 59 department and specialty stores worldwide. The Carolina Herrera Bridal collection is available internationally in 52 specialty and department stores. The name of Carolina Herrera is also known for her fragrances. In 1988, she created the first Carolina Herrera essence. Since then, and with the collaboration of her daughter Carolina, she launched ten successful fragrances such as 212 and the latest CH. Widely acclaimed worldwide, her perfumes consolidated Carolina Herrera as a rising value in the world of perfumery. With the creation in 2001 of CH Carolina Herrera, the brand has been increasingly expanding into the luxury accessories sector with handbags and eyewear. Today this lifestyle line is present through 152 exclusive shop-in-shops and 38 free-standing shops throughout Europe, the United States, Latin America and the Middle East with 17 scheduled to open in 2010. The highly anticipated CH Carolina Herrera store on Madison Avenue in New York is slated to open in the summer of 2010. 2008, the Council of Fashion Designers of America honored Herrera with the Geoffrey Beene Lifetime Achievement Award. This award was in recognition of 26 years of hard work, but by no means does this mean she is going to stop anytime soon. The influence of Carolina Herrera Ltd. on the world of fashion is clearly evident in the expectations created by the presentation of each collection. Success follows in the wake of her fragrances and the opening of each free-standing Carolina Herrera New York and CH Carolina Herrera boutique. We are looking for highly motivated Interns with strong analytical, technical and organizational skills.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
– Weekly in-store visits: shadow visual manager on visual presentations that are enticing in order to draw business through window displays and floor appearance.
– Analyzing weekly selling reports and touch base meetings with Store Managers to Business Managers to maximize selling and visual presentation.
– Witness the Visual Merchandising Manager with product rotations and re-merchandising according to sell thru and quantity of buys in NYC locations
– Participate in visual standards by learning the process of how directives are created and sent to US boutiques.
– For market week preparation exposure to market appointments with the Sales department.
– Look-book shoot: shadow the Visual Manager and the Marketing team during shoots.
– Participate in additional special projects when needed such as in-store events or trunk shows.