Title: Women's Footwear Design Intern
Date: 2 November 2016 | 10:27 pm
This post is currently FREE with a tweet. Apply now!
Proenza Schouler is a New York based womenswear and accessories brand founded in 2002 by designers Jack McCollough and Lazaro Hernandez. We are currently seeking Footwear Design Interns who will focus primarily on handbags and jewelry, but also work with shoes as needed. The internship would commence in September 2016.
– As this is an unpaid internship, you must be eligible to receive academic credit and/or qualify for a J-1 Visa.
– Must have accessories or fashion design experience.
– Must be highly skilled in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
– Must be skilled in hand sketching.
– Must be financially able to stay in NY for the length of the training program (we prefer 6 months minimum, full time or very close to full time, but this negotiable upon interview).
– Must be proactive and organized.
– Must possess a positive and professional demeanor.
Responsibilities will be to assist a small team in all aspects of the design process including but not limited to:
– Print design
– Mockups via computer
– Photographing samples
– Maintaining sample archive
– Organize research
– Keeping track of important packages
– Creating mockups by hand
– Designing hardware by hand and by Illustrator