American Conservatory Theater
San Francisco, CA 94108
Associate Production Manager
American Conservatory Theater (LORT A), one of the country’s leading regional theaters and actor training institutions, seeks Associate Production Managerwith a particular focus on carpentry & rigging, to be part of our dynamic team. Reporting to the PM, this position oversees & manages the execution of production elements for assigned productions at A.C.T. We are looking for a creative problem solver, someone who has excellent technical & communication skills, thrives in a team atmosphere and is articulate and imaginative.
- Serve as primary Production Manager for main stage productions, events and rentals in multiple venues as assigned by the Production Manager.
- Create and distribute any production paperwork including GP and Section drafts, Scenery bid packages, lineset schedules, street-parking permits, production summaries and schedules.
- Advance & coordinate productions with particular focus on technical and budget analysis, arrangement of equipment, and determination and communication of scheduling of technical staff and stagehands, working closely with creative teams of each production.
- Supervise union and hire & supervise non-union production staff/ crews throughout the A.C.T campus.
- Oversee and manage the external scene shop’s construction process from the initial design submission, to the bid process, construction phase, to installation, load in, run and strike.
- Assist the PM in the management of all Union labor contracts and employees, including: IATSE Stagehands, Wardrobe, USA Designers, AEA Stage Managers, AFM Musicians.
- Assist the PM in the management and oversight of the Production Department.
- Assist the PM in the creation and the implementation of new policies and procedures within the production department to improve efficiency for the ongoing operations and mission fulfillment of A.C.T.
- Assist the PM in the management of personnel safety and uphold safety policies and protocols within the department. Institute and uphold all required health & safety training.
- Assist the Production Manager with budget estimates, financial projections and staff planning as needed.
- Ideal Requirements:
- A BA/BFA in theatre or equivalent professional experience (3-5 years) in production management or technical direction
- Strong technical experience particularly in the areas of scenery construction, carpentry and rigging.
- Experience &Proficiency in CAD drafting (AutoCAD/ Vectorworks). Experience in solving complicated technical and logistical problems. Knowledge of Automation systems is highly desirable.
- Experience in managing budgets and expenditures.
- Advanced knowledge of theatre procedures and practices, especially in the production department.
- Willingness to work on an irregular schedule, including overtime as needed.
- Excellent oral, writing, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent work ethic and a sense of humor is a must.
- Strong computer skills a must. Proficiency on PC (preferred) and MAC using Microsoft Office.
- Valid Driver’s License and a clean DMV report required.
- Must be able to lift 35 pounds.
Cover letter including salary requirements, resume and references to Associate Production Manager Search at email@example.com Deadline: Position available immediately. Open till filled.
What we look for in our staff: the ability to imagine, the energy to create and explore new ideas and the freedom of spirit to celebrate our diverse community. To learn more about A.C.T., visit our website at www.act-sf.org. No calls, please. EOE
January 2, 2017 – December 21, 2016
APPLY BY EMAIL
Send e-mail to hr…
Find your next broadway job here, with casting calls, acting auditions, performing arts administrative, design, technical, stage, internships and other Broadway