Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts
New York, NY 10023
Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts (LCPA) serves three primary roles: it is the world’s leading presenter of superb artistic programming, is a national leader in arts and education and community relations, and functions as the manager of the Lincoln Center Campus. LCPA presents over 350 performances annually throughout our different performance series including American Songbook, Great Performers, Live from Lincoln Center, Lincoln Center Festival, Mostly Mozart, Midsummer Night Swing, Lincoln Center Out of Doors, and White Light Festival.
Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts is growing its Emmy award winning original short-form productions and live-stream video department. The team will focus on video programming, original video shorts, livestreaming select performances and developing internal and promotional marketing videos for a range of performances happening on the Lincoln Center campus.
As the Cinematographer/Editor on the Digital Services team, you will play a vital role in capturing the spirit of LCPA, sharing content highlighting our programs, and engaging our patrons. You will report to the Director of Video Production.
- Work across all of the video projects types that the department is responsible for, including but not limited to livestreams, short-form video and marketing promo pieces
- Manage post production and edit short-form and long-form video projects
- Collaborate on original video-shorts and series ideas
- Serve as the cinematographer and camera person for a range of projects
- Cover major events on campus; stage and shoot interviews and on-stage dialogues with Lincoln Center performers and other guests
- Create in-house promos and sizzle reels for other Lincoln Center departments
- Develop a creative approach to ideas for original productions that show off Lincoln Center
- Create addictive interactive video experiences across the arts for all types of patrons
- Support additional video production tasks on an ad-hoc basis
- Work cross-functionally and partner with teams across LCPA including Marketing, Creative Services, Public Relations, Programming, Festival, and Lincoln Center Education
- Assist with producing and directing opportunities throughout the year
- Some evening and weekend work required
· 2-3 years of professional experience as a shooter and editor required
· Prior video editing and producing experience: knowledge of video composition and lighting techniques, and strong camera skills required
· Strong communication and problem solving skills required
- Great eye for composition and ability to produce high-quality images under all sorts of lighting conditions, both indoors and out
- Love of teamwork and skill at coordinating with other camera teams on multiple camera shoots, whether in-studio or on location
- Knowledge and skill using DSLR and broadcast cameras
- Fluency with Final Cut Pro and Adobe Premiere editing software
- Ability to quickly turn around footage, sometimes editing and uploading it in the same day
· Courtesy, punctuality, and ability to interact gracefully with well-known and accomplished people essential
· Interest in the performing arts strongly preferred
· Film school degree (undergraduate or graduate) or equivalent of education and experience required
Please submit a resume and cover letter (with salary requirements and outlining your interest in Lincoln Center) to the email@example.com inbox. Submissions without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Please list: Cinematographer/Editor in the subject line.
Internal Candidates should contact a member of the Human Resources Department directly.
Lincoln Center is an equal opportunity employer.
January 20, 2017 –
Find your next broadway job here, with casting calls, acting auditions, performing arts administrative, design, technical, stage, internships and other Broadway