Garden Theatre, Inc.
Winter Garden, FL 34787
Garden Theatre is accepting applications for a dynamic leader to fill the role of Development Director.
• Provide leadership to the organization’s efforts to secure financial and other support from individuals, foundations, corporations, and government entities to sustain and expand its operations
• Participate as a member of the senior management team to formulate and implement general policies and plans to meet the organization’s short-term and long-term fundraising objectives
• Develop and execute ongoing strategy to cultivate, steward, and maintain relationships with individual donors through specific campaigns, research, networking, and cultivating events
• Collaborate with Executive Director to develop and achieve an annual contributed income goal for the organization
• Recommend, track and manage annual development budget
• Management of Development staff ensuring the successful accomplishment of departmental and organizational goals
• Research and pursue grants that are in line with the organization’s mission, objectives, and priorities
• Write, edit, package, and track each grant to ensure the best presentation of our needs, projects, and visions
• Ensure timely and complete grant reporting as required by grantors
• Present grants to review panels/boards as the organization’s representative to clarify, expand on, and justify the grant details as needed
• Provide leadership in planning and executing fundraising events throughout each fiscal year by engaging board members, staff members, funding partners, and volunteers to meet both fundraising and experience goals set forth
• Attend community leadership, development, and networking meetings/events to further our mission and fundraising objectives as needed
• Create, generate, and distribute reports and analysis on progress and accomplishments in development efforts to share with all stakeholders including the board of directors
• Secure and oversee identified corporate in-kind partnerships, including ROI and deliverables
• Ensure every donor and funding partner receives appropriate sponsorship/donor benefits, acknowledgement, and recognition in a timely manner
• Monitor, manage, and keep current our donor database, donor lists, donor wall, and donor recognition in playbills
• Perform a variety of skilled administrative and clerical duties directly related to development activities. These include maintaining donor databases, developing / sending mass mailings, coordinating placement of advertisements with Marketing, participating in special events, arranging for pick up of donated items, and acknowledging gifts and donations
• As a member of Garden Theatre staff, this individual is expected to demonstrate professional behavior toward all of our patrons, students, community partners, and collaborators at all times.
Note: This job description delineates only major task components, and is subject to modification. It does not exclude or describe the nature of supporting activities that the Development Director may be involved in to meet the overall objectives of the Garden Theatre.
• Bachelor’s Degree, and/or equivalent work experience
• Minimum 5 years of leadership experience in development operations in a non-profit setting
• Minimum 2-3 years of grant writing (researching, writing narratives, constructing financials, etc.)
• Excellent written, verbal and organizational skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
• Ability to work some evenings and weekends for special events, development activities, etc.
• Background and/or passion for arts, performing arts, theatre, arts education
• Familiarity with financial reports relevant to non-profit operations (P&L, balance sheet, etc.)
• Experience in volunteer recruitment, engagement, and management
• Certificates in fundraising, development, nonprofit leadership, and other relevant areas
POSITION AND LOCATION
• The position is based at the Garden Theatre administration office, 160 W. Plant St. Winter Garden, FL 34787
• This is a full-time, salaried position with health benefits, and reports to Executive Director.
About the Garden Theatre
Located in the heart of historic downtown Winter Garden, Florida at 160 West Plant Street, the Garden Theatre is a nonprofit organization committed to enriching, engaging and entertaining through creative experiences. The 299-seat theatre, which re-opened in 2008, is an historic, atmospheric, professional performing arts venue in a Mediterranean Revival style. The Garden Theatre hosts live plays, concerts, movies and more to the residents of and visitors to the city of Winter Garden. For additional information, visit gardentheatre.org.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your Cover Letter and Resume.
Find your next broadway job here, with casting calls, acting auditions, performing arts administrative, design, technical, stage, internships and other Broadway