SeaWorld San Antonio
San Antonio, TX 78251
Event Technician I-II – Consumer Events Entertainment
The primary purpose of this position is to assist the Unit Supervisor of Consumer Events with the execution of all Consumer Events. This will include preparation, inventory, refurbishment, staging, installation, and strike of all technical elements (scenic, theming/props, lighting, audio, FX). Consumer Event Technicians are part of the Entertainment Services Team and will work closely with Entertainment Services Shops to assist with repairs, refurbishments, installations & strike of Consumer Events.
- Must be at least 18 years of Age.
- College Degree in Technical Theatre or related experience preferred.
- Professional Entertainment or Theme Park work experience preferred.
- Must have a minimum of 6 months professional technical experience and be proficient within at least one of the following areas: Theatrical Carpentry, Theming, Props Work, Theatrical Lighting, Audio, Overhead Scenic Rigging & Special Effects
- Must be able to multitask while maintaining a positive attitude to ensure excellent guest service.
- Provide excellent service to guests and SeaWorld Ambassadors
- Must have strong communication skills; positive attitude, team player, collaboration skills, and problem solving skills
- Must be physically capable of working at heights to over 100’-0” (catwalks, boom lifts, man lifts, etc.).
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds or more.
- Must be familiar in working with hand and power tools.
- Must be able to obtain a SEA Parks Drivers Permit for (cart, truck, vehicle) and operate forklifts & high reach equipment.
- Must be able to stand, walk, and work for prolonged periods of time in extreme weather conditions.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule to include weekdays, weekends, evenings, overnights and holidays
- Must be willing to comply with all SEA grooming guidelines and employment standards.
- Must be able to successfully complete all legal, company and department training requirements to include but not limited to passing required tests and certifications within established timelines.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Based on the Departmental Strategies participate in the execution of all Technical Production process for Entertainment Consumer Event product.
- Prior to installation or storage, conduct avid refurbishment, repair, cleaning and preparation of all scenic and theming element pieces, audio and theatrical lighting equipment as called out for each Consumer Events.
- Other duties will include but are not limited to: large scenic piece installations requiring team lifting, Christmas light installation, refurbishment of SFX units (Foggers, Bubble Machines, Snow Machines), inspecting and quality check of all audio and theatrical lighting equipment, inventory of all equipment, re-coating or painting of thematic elements including props and small scenic pieces, refurbishment of all theming foliage including garland, trees, and other scenic elements.
- Actively participates in the installation and strike of all Consumer Events working closely with other Entertainment Service Technicians and shops to ensure successful execution.
- Responsible for maintaining Consumer Event organization of all storage locations pre and post Event installation and strike.
- Ensures quality assurance of Consumer Events product and support areas.
- Works with Entertainment Services Shops to assist with technical repairs and refurbishments as well with the installation and strike each Consumer Event to ensure successful execution.
- Executes with safety as top priority as it pertains to SEA Best Practices and Rigging Standards and all other relevant industry guidelines.
- Assist with other Entertainment Projects as assigned.
February 1, 2017 – December 31, 2017
Find your next broadway job here, with casting calls, acting auditions, performing arts administrative, design, technical, stage, internships and other Broadway