Brooklyn Academy of Music
Brooklyn, NY 11217
Brooklyn Academy of Music (BAM), an internationally recognized presenter of contemporary performing arts and cinema, seeks a full-time union Maintainer to perform preventive, proactive, reactive, and corrective maintenance throughout BAM including HVAC & controls, carpentry, painting, plumbing, and other duties as assigned.
- Attend to customer requests for work to be completed in a timely manner
- Complete preventive and proactive maintenance assignments as directed by the supervisor
- Maintain building automation setpoints as needed and directed by the supervisor
- Update work orders, inspections, and other information on desktop computers and mobile devices
- Daily work may require but not be limited to installation, maintenance, and repair of the following:
- HVAC Equipment
- Electronic Controls
- Plumbing Equipment and Devices
- Domestic Water Heaters
- Pumps and Pumping Systems
- Locks and Locksets
- Roofing and Waterproofing Systems
- Restroom Fixtures
- Other work may require but not be limited to:
- Lighting Changeouts
- Cleaning of mechanical equipment rooms
- Work From Ladders, Scaffolding, and Lift Equipment
- Carpentry, Painting, and other General Trades
- Complete work order and material inventory data using desktop and mobile devices tracking asset proactive and reactive maintenance and inspections.
- Responds, as required, to all emergencies by performing emergency repairs in all trade fields.
- Takes appropriate stop-gap measures when complete repair cannot be made at the time and communicate to the others in the crew status and recommendations.
- As related to his/her function, is responsible for the safety and protection of buildings, collections, personnel.
- Work during BAM events when scheduled and provide excellent customer service
- Serve on committees and work groups as invited and assigned
- Attend staff and interdepartmental meetings as directed by the supervisor
WORK SHIFT: Wednesday thru Sunday, 7am – 4pm. Subject to change.
- High school diploma or equivalent plus three (3) years experience in H.V.A.C. trouble shooting, repair and operation.
- Available for overtime opportunities to cover shift assignments and support project work
- Knowledge of low pressure boilers, pumps, plumbing, standpipe/sprinkler and related mechanical systems.
- Possession of FDNY Fire Safety Director (FSD) certificate of fitness and the ability to pass the on-site exam preferred.
- Experience and training in electronic controls.
- FDNY Refrigeration Machine Operator’s Certificate of Fitness (Q-99) preferred
- Other preferred certifications and training includes stand-pipe/sprinkler, air compressor, low pressure boiler, stationary engineer license, and pesticide application certificates.
- Person will accept training for computerized climate control system and any/all equipment which BAM provides.
- To maintain position, person must be willing to secure and maintain all necessary licenses and certificates required by New York State, New York City, and the Brooklyn Academy of Music.
- Person must understand and be willing to work any shifts as may be required.
- In emergency situation, be able to work overtime as required.
- Person will be required to climb on, or work from ladders, scaffolding, and other lift equipment.
- Person will be required to lift, and/or transport heavy spare parts or equipment.
Salary: DC37 Union Salary, starting at $43,254 per year plus benefits.
Apply online at: http://www.bam.org/about/careers
January 26, 2017 – February 8, 2017
Find your next broadway job here, with casting calls, acting auditions, performing arts administrative, design, technical, stage, internships and other Broadway