Stern Grove Festival Association
San Francisco, CA 94107
The Front of House Production Assistant (PA) reports directly to their Area Team Leader and works closely with concert patrons and volunteers.
Stern Grove Festival’s PA’s will be responsible for venue set-up and strike, patron services and crowd control, emergency response protocol, senior/ADA shuttle safety and operation, vendor booth set-up and strike, and any additional duties that pertain to the smooth operations of the concert venue.
Production Assistants must be available every Sunday from June 25 through August 27, 2017. In advance of concert Sundays each Production Assistant should expect to work one Saturday, and be available on Sunday, June 11, 2017, for orientation and training day. There is potential for a limited amount of preseason advancement work before opening day.
• Assist in the set-up and breakdown of infrastructure including barricades, aisles, fencing, signage, tables and bench placement
• Promote public safety and cultivate a positive patron experience within assigned area
• Crowd control, including maintaining clear aisle ways and emergency exit paths at all times
• Assume position at Concert Meadow gates to assist in Concert Meadow closure
• Assist elderly and handicapped patrons in seating and venue mobility
• Adhere strictly to SGFA approved policies, protocols and procedures
• Attend on-site staff meetings and execute tasks under direction from managers
• Excellent communication skills and collaborative work ethic
• Ability to handle stressful situations with diplomacy and tact
• Ability to work quickly and efficiently in an organized and detailed fashion
• Ability to adhere to SGFA guidelines and protocols
• Maintain self-assurance and control during the concert day
• Have a great sense of humor and maintain dedication to SGFA mission
• No experience is required but a good attitude and excellent work ethic is a must
• Ability to lift/carry 50lbs
• Production Assistants may experience periods of extended standing, employee must be able to remain on his or her feet in a stationary position.
• Employee may be required to walk and climb considerable distances, including on the hillside, during the course of a work day.
• Grasp, lift, carry, push, and pull heavy objects such as barricades, fencing, and carts.
• Stooping, crouching and kneeling is needed to place signage throughout the Grove.
• Listening and ability to speak is required, in a typical work day the employee will be interacting with large groups of people and they must have the ability to hear and express their ideas with spoken words.
Location: Sigmund Stern Grove, 19th Avenue and Sloat Boulevard, San Francisco
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
To apply, please submit the following via email and include “OPERATIONS” in subject line
1) A cover letter
2) Your resume
3) Two references
Please use both sides of the paper. No phone calls, please.
June 11, 2017 – August 27, 2017
Based on Experience
Find your next broadway job here, with casting calls, acting auditions, performing arts administrative, design, technical, stage, internships and other Broadway