The Nantucket Dreamland Founda
Nantucket, MA 02554
Nantucket Dreamland Foundation
This individual is responsible for the management and execution of all theatrical and event production elements (light, sets, and sound) related to Dreamland programming and special events, including management and oversight of staff, interns, volunteers, and subcontractors. This individual is also responsible for maintenance of all technical equipment and to ensure that they are stored and used safely and securely. This individual is also responsible for basic maintenance of the Dreamland facility, including but not limited to lighting replacement and simple repairs.
Scope of Position
Manager of all technical aspects of productions in the Dreamland Theater.
Responsible for the supervision of occasional part-time staff and sub-contractors for tasks related to execution of technical production of Dreamland events.
Hierarchical Level, Reporting
Reports directly to the Executive Director on all matters regarding scheduling, production, staffing needs and maintenance.
Essential Job Functions
Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities
1. Oversee and serve as the Dreamland’s technical supervisor with all customers, vendors and programming partners, as directed by the Executive Director.
2. Ensure that all equipment is maintained and stored properly, including lights, movie screens, projector room, and sound equipment in all three function spaces.
3. Conduct daily inspections of equipment to include management of remote monitoring contracts, satellite maintenance, scheduling repairs, etc.
4. Assistant in event preparation such as stage change overs, seating, etc.
5. Report to Executive Director regarding all issues relating to productions in the building and to the Director of Educational Programming relating to Children’s Theatre productions.
6. Effectively delegate tasks to appropriate staff, subcontractors, and vendors when required and ensure follow through.
7. Knowledge of and compliance with all safety standards, whether established by government, the Dreamland, or other appropriate sources.
8. Document master inventory of equipment and advise the Executive Director of any repair or maintenance requirements.
9. Designs lighting, sets and sound for Children’s Theatre productions at the Dreamland.
10. Maintain projectors, sound equipment and screens in Dreamland theatres.
Generally Applicable Theater Competencies
1. Excellent communication skills with attention to detail.
2. Punctuality and dependability.
3. Ability to maintain accurate records.
4. Adherence to all personnel policies, procedures and rules contained in the Dreamland Employee Handbook.
5. Maintain productive relationships with other Dreamland staff, working with other management where applicable.
6. Maintain professional relationship with the Board of Directors.
7. Comfortable working with children in programs at the Dreamland.
1. Leadership/Integrity – Effectively communicates the Dreamland’s mission; builds trust among colleagues; is accountable; lives up to commitments.
2. Team Player/Commitment to Cause – Understands the big picture and manages position’s areas of responsibility in a manner consistent with Dreamland’s agenda.
3. Interpersonal Skills – Relates to employees and other staff members in a cooperative manner that helps others to achieve their best.
4. Productivity/Organizing/Planning – Meets deadlines, demonstrates effective use of time, and handles multiple assignments simultaneously.
5. Willingness to Acknowledge Areas for Growth – Understands need for growth and is receptive to constructive feedback.
Knowledge and Skill Set Requirements
1. Knowledge of technical equipment and methods, including film equipment (Christie, Doremi, etc.).
2. Knowledge of various production requirements associated with the variety of Dreamland programs and events.
3. Ability to foster team work and cooperation.
4. Computer skills including, but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite.
5. Ability to interact cordially with clients, staff and board members.
6. Current on technological developments in the field.
Minimum Education/Prior Experience/Qualifications Required
1. At least 5 years of experience in related technical field required.
2. At least 2 years of experience in management role, including hiring and managing labor and maintenance personnel, required.
3. Associate’s degree or higher, preferred.
4. Successful completion of criminal offender record information and sexual offender registry information checks.
1. Standing for long periods of time, up to 3 hours at a time;
2. Lifting and carrying a minimum of 50 pounds;
3. Ability to climb up and down ladders, including access to highest areas of the facility;
4. Near and far vision (correctable);
5. Ability to work at various times of day to accommodate production schedule.
Nothing in this Job Description restricts the Dreamland’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time. This position is at will, which means either the employee or the Dreamland may terminate the employment relationship at any time, with or without notice and for any reason or no reason. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Interested applicants please email resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 15, 2017.
January 26, 2017 – January 26, 2017
based on experience
Find your next broadway job here, with casting calls, acting auditions, performing arts administrative, design, technical, stage, internships and other Broadway