New York, NY 10019
ABOUT ARS NOVA
Ars Nova is committed to developing and producing theater, comedy and music artists in the early stages of their professional careers. Our unique development programs are designed to support outside-the-box thinking and encourage innovative, genre-bending work. By providing a safe environment where risk-taking and collaboration are paramount, Ars Nova gives voice to a new generation of artists and audiences, pushing the boundaries of live entertainment by nurturing creative ideas into smart, surprising new work.
Ars Nova presents over 100 unique live events each year, supporting over 500 emerging theater, comedy, and music artists. As NYC’s premiere development hub, we create an environment where the weird kids thrive and where no idea is too crazy to be possible. The resulting collaborations are burlesque + magic + rigorous narrative + indie rock band + puppets + high level design = one-of-a-kind, can’t-quite-define-that, only-at-Ars-Nova experiences.
ABOUT ARS NOVA’S TECHNICAL SUPERVISOR:
The Technical Supervisor reports directly to the Production Manager and works collaboratively with all members of Ars Nova’s staff to ensure the smooth technical operations of Ars Nova, by maintaining our production systems and equipment, and coordinating the load-ins and load-outs of all Ars Nova programming, including at least two Off-Broadway productions per year, two galas, and myriad workshops, readings and rentals at multiple venues. An ideal candidate will have experience in not-for-profit theater with a technical background and will have knowledge of all areas of theatrical production including scenery, lights, costumes, props, paint, sound, and projections/video.
· Maintaining and safeguarding production equipment, including supervising the use of lighting, sound, video and communications equipment and working with Production Manager to improve and upgrade these systems;
· Partnering with Production Manager, Designers, Directors and staff to bring ambitious, complex designs to fruition;
· Advising Production Manager on the technical specifications, costs and usage of technical equipment needed to accomplish goals of each project, including supervising the implementations of approved technical designs and maintaining their production paperwork;
· Creating and keeping accurate records of Ars Nova’s inventory, rep plots, and technical procedures;
· Supervising and coordinating load ins/outs for all programming, including staffing crew heads and working with them to schedule and staff all crew calls;
· Contributing hands-on assistance to any of the technical departments as needed to meet their production goals;
· Promoting healthy communication in the process by attending production meetings and staff meetings;
· Processing payroll, invoicing, check requests and human resources tasks for crews and other technical staff;
· Orienting facility renters to safety, technical characteristics and other areas of facility operations.
ABOUT YOUR PREPARATION, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
The ideal candidate will have excellent organizational and communication skills, experience in building strong relationships with both internal and external constituents, a willingness to pitch in to get things done, and will take pride in their contribution to our team. Thorough knowledge of all areas of theatrical production and experience with FDNY permitting is preferred, and proficiency in production software (Vectorworks, Qlab, Lightwright, etc) is a plus. Must have a valid driver’s license, be able to lift 50 lbs. and climb ladders.
This position requires a positive, proactive, self-starter who identifies problems before or as they arise and has the ability to assess a situation and propose several possible solutions, adapting on a moment’s notice to a new challenge, while maintaining the highest standards for safety and professionalism under pressure. We’re looking for a person who is committed to finding creative ways to say yes to the ambitious ideas that characterize our work and who thrives in a full speed/all-out/go-big-or-go-home environment and likes to whistle (Beyoncé) while they work.
· Ideal Start Date is mid to late February 2017.
· Competitive salary of no less than $47,000 plus unlimited vacation policy, and benefits which include 403B, FSA, and TransitCheck.
· Please e-mail cover letter, resume, three references and contact information to Jes Levine, Production Manager: email@example.com. No phone calls please.
· Ars Nova is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, is committed to the principle of diversity, and strongly encourages applications from persons of color and individuals with disabilities.
February 13, 2017 –
Find your next broadway job here, with casting calls, acting auditions, performing arts administrative, design, technical, stage, internships and other Broadway