We are looking for a reliable Fun Loving and Energetic Party Host to join our team.
Hours: Approximately 8 hours work most weekends. Must be available to work a minimum of 4 out of 8 weekend days a month.
Must have a reliable car and willing to travel all over Sydney.
Equipment pickup and return for each party is located on the Upper North Shore so an ideal candidate would live in the area.
Are you a tinkerer? Do you enjoy taking things apart and then putting them back together? How about playing with LEGO®? Would you like to use a ridiculous amount of LEGO materials to teach kids how the world works? If so, then this may be your dream job!
Little Builders is seeking a dynamic, motivated person to bring more of our awesome programs to more young engineers in Sydney. In addition to facilitating birthday parties, this position may also involve teaching in after-school Lego Clubs, facilitating incursions and facilitating school holiday workshops if willing and available.
Buckle up – this is hard work! Lugging over 100 kgs of Lego equipment in and out of your car, leading excited kids through challenging projects, managing conflicts, cleaning up all those LEGOs — this will be the toughest job you’ll ever love!
Skills And Competencies
• Self-motivated, extremely well organised, goal focused; able to work autonomously – a self-starter.
• Able to stay organised;
• Able to establish and maintain healthy relationships through communication with Little Builders management, colleagues, parents, guardians and children.
• Able to quickly and tactfully respond to questions/concerns from parents
• Able to instil calm during high energy situations.
• Professional verbal communication skills are a must.
• Access to email and mobile phone communication.
Education / Experience / Requirements
• Passion for LEGO and kids.
• Experience in Education, Engineering, Construction, Performance Arts or a related subject will be favoured
• Successful history working with children in a teaching capacity.
• Travel to parties all over Sydney;
• Reliable transportation a must;
• A secure location to store your LEGO party kit is essential.
• Must be confident and be able to work autonomously
• Must be able to liaise with parents
•Must have a Working with Children Check.
Remuneration will vary depending on experience. Great pay for the right candidate!