Location: Brooklyn, NY
Dancewave’s community engagement program, D-Wave in Motion, seeks assistant teacher for elementary aged Modern or Hip Hop residency. The Teaching Assistant will play a vital role in the success of the residency. D-Wave in Motion residencies take place in public schools and community center throughout all of NYC.
The time commitment is as follows:
Start date THIS FRIDAY Feb 17th
Location: School in East New York
– Supervising children
– Actively assist in classroom behavior management
– Assisting with snack and bathroom breaks
– Taking attendance
– Actively participating in/facilitating activities
– Other duties as assigned by Lead Teacher
The successful candidate will:
– Have an interest in dance education and/or youth development
– Have experience supervising children
– Be able to maintain a sense of humor and professionalism in busy and/or stressful situations
– Have a Bachelor’s degree in dance, education, or a related field (current college students with appropriate experience are encouraged to apply)
Dancewave is committed to recruiting a diverse team of talented staff members. Underrepresented minorities, particularly women and people of color, are encouraged to apply.
D-Wave Coordinator will be holding interviews on Tuesday February 14th between 10:00am-12:00pm and Wednesday February 15th between 10:00am-12:00pm.
To apply, please submit a letter of interest and a one-page resume via email to email@example.com. Use subject line: ‘Assistant Teacher’ and specify your interest in assisting the Modern or Hip Hop residency, as well as a time you would be available for an interview. Applications will be reviewed on a first-come, first-served basis until the position is filled.