Company: Alvin Ailey Dance Foundation
Location: New York, NY
Alvin Ailey Dance Foundation, one of the world’s premier dance institutions, is seeking an experienced and motivated Production and Finance Associate for its Production Department comprised of Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater (AAADT) and Ailey II. This individual is responsible for financial duties related to Ailey’s two touring companies and supporting the Production Department. This position reports to the Director of Company Business Affairs.
This ideal candidate will have a strong knowledge of the performing arts, more specifically dance, and professional experience in financial nonprofit administration. Position starts around June 1, 2017.
* Review and enter weekly payroll for AAADT and Ailey II through Ceridian Dayforce HCM.
* Assist Business Director with assembling annual operational budget for AAADT and Ailey II and budgets for special projects and Ailey’s development department as needed.
* Assist Business Director with monthly financial reports, including revisions and analysis.
* Monitor and update revenue and expense projections on a regular and as needed basis, including tours, new works, special projects.
* Process and record fee payments and box office generated revenue for all performances.
* Create and/or review employer’s contribution reports for union benefit funds, including AGMA, IATSE, USA; resolve reporting discrepancies.
* Review and process production staff credit card and petty cash expense reporting through Concur.
* Process all production vendor payment requests.
* Process contract payments for choreographers and designers of new ballet productions.
* Create royalty statements and process payments to music publishers and choreographers on a semi-annual basis
* Maintain and update AAADT and Ailey II royalty database, including cost and terms of all music license agreements.
* Include appropriate G/L coding for all departmental revenue and expenses.
* Communicate regularly with senior production staff for all production finance related needs.
* Liaise with finance department for the coordination of shared needs and resolve discrepancies in reporting, ledger postings, and other required paperwork.
* Prepare tax withholding exemption forms for certain U.S. states and foreign countries as needed.
* Provide general assistance to AAADT and Ailey II senior production staff during NYC Seasons, both in the office and at theaters, and on an ad-hoc basis.
* Manage departmental complimentary ticket requests for AAADT and Ailey II NYC Seasons.
– Ability to take initiative, work efficiently and accurately in a fast-paced environment
– Demonstrate a high level of discretion with confidential information and a dynamic, positive attitude
– Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
– Highly proficient in Excel
* B.A./B.S. – Business administration or accounting preferred
* 2+ years of related professional experience in performing arts organization
To apply for this position, please use the following URL:
Alvin Ailey Dance Foundation
New York, NY
New York, New York, 10019