Company: Ballet Hispánico
Location: New York, NY
Compensation: Based on Experience
Ballet Hispánico is seeking 3 self-motivated, dynamic Part-Time School Receptionists for immediate hire. The school receptionist is an important and integral member of the School of Dance community who is critical to the successful and efficient operation of the School of Dance. The receptionist is the public face, voice, and first point of contact for parents, future students, alumni, visitors, and guests.
About the Organization
America’s premier Latino dance organization for more than 45 years, Ballet Hispánico brings communities together to celebrate and explore Latino cultures and the shared human experience through dance. Founded by National Medal of Arts recipient Tina Ramirez, Ballet Hispánico has been led since 2009 by Artistic Director & CEO Eduardo Vilaro, who has infused the organization’s legacy with a bold and eclectic brand of contemporary dance that reflects America’s changing cultural landscape. Ballet Hispánico is headquartered in its own 21,000 sq. ft. dance facility on Manhattan’s Upper West Side. For further information: www.ballethispanico.org.
* Meet and greet visitors at the school reception and responds to general inquiries
* Answer phones and provide customer service
* Assisting in student registration
* Assist financial transactions, including handling tuition payments and merchandise sales
* Update school database (Mindbody)
* Monitor student attendance
* Provide administrative support
* Enforce school building and front desk protocols and procedures
* Execute close of day building protocol
* Respond to school community needs
Requirements, Skills and Knowledge
* Able to multitask (i.e. phones, computer work, busy service counter)
* Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel
* Knowledge of Google Drive
* Skilled in sales and communicating product information
* Strong in written skills and oral communication
* Experienced in serving families and children
* Comfortable following rules, protocols and organizational systems
* Punctual, reliable, accountable, polished and professional
* Ideally, bilingual Spanish and English
* A team player, joyful, eager to be part of a school administrative team
Compensation and Benefits
This is a part-time position for immediate hire. Salary for this position is per hour, and commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume (as one document in pdf) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate in the subject heading: Part-Time School Receptionist– Your Name. No phone calls or follow up, please.