Title: Sessional Dance Fitness Teacher Glasgow
The Dance Fitness and Group Exercise Teacher will be responsible for the delivery of weekly dance fitness sessions. The post involves outreach work and you will support with recruitment of participants and sustaining them on Street Step’s dance fitness sessions to ensure delivery targets are met.
The Dance Fitness and Group Exercise Teacher is a dynamic and positive individual who enjoys working in an exciting, challenging, and rewarding environment. Street Step is a new social enterprise and part of the Street League family. We are an organisation that requires staff who can think on their feet, are restless, ambitious, look to embrace change, and have fun. This person is committed to continuing their professional development and empowering young people in an inspiring and aspirational environment. There will be opportunities to work on tasks and projects that are outside the job description and the successful candidate will be enthusiastic and committed to supporting the overall aims and objectives of Street Step.
• Experience of working with, enabling, and inspiring young people, in particular 16-24 year olds not in education, employment or training
• Experience of delivering dance and/or fitness-related, education or employability sessions
• Experience of creating, planning and delivering participant specific and structured dance fitness and group exercise sessions
• Experience of working in an environment where safeguarding and child protection is of high importance.
• Experience of working to targets
Knowledge and Understanding
• A knowledge and understanding of the third sector and related agencies
• An understanding of the barriers that face Street Step’s client group and local authority and government response to these social challenges.
Skills and Abilities
• The ability to organise and to be self-motivated.
• A willingness to undertake continuous personal development
• The ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing and to be fully competent in the use of Microsoft Office programs and relevant M&E systems/data capture.
• To have a confident and calm approach to problems and an ability to use initiative in finding solutions.
• Level 2 Exercise to Music (ETM) or Level 2 Exercise Movement & Dance
• A selection of relevant dance fitness and group exercise CPD training such as the Zumba B1, Bokwa, Step Aerobics, Fitness Yoga etc.
• First Aid qualification
• Member of the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPs)
• A full clean driving licence.
The owner of this listing has agreed to abide by the UK National Minimum Wage Act. Find out more