Company: SONIA OLLA & ISMAEL FERNANDEZ – FLAMENCO COMPANY
Location: MANHATTAN, NY, NY
Sonia Olla and Ismael Fernández – Flamenco Company is actively seeking a Fashion&Social Media Assistant to join their growing team.
The successful candidate will support the expansion, monitoring and implementation of a new brand (e-commerce). We are looking for someone strongly organized and creative.
It is a part-time position (flexible scheduling to be determined). Experience with online marketing and fashion industry are strongly preferred.
– Social media management (deep familiarity with social media and a love for style, art, fashion, etc.)
– Assist on the e-commerce website management
– Develop social media campaigns and drive personal brand strategy
– Communicate with cross-functional teams
– Researching and executing funding opportunities
– Assist the Artistic Directors in outreach to potential presenters
– Conduct brand and market research
– Help with day to day operation including administrative duties
– Other duties as determined by management
The ideal candidate will be:
– Detail oriented
– Comfortable on the phone, working in a fast-paced environment, and able to adapt to frequent, rapid changes
– Well organized and able to manage responsibilities independently
– Knowledge of Word, Excel and experience with web-based software is a plus
– Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite is a plus
– Fluent in Spanish (REQUIRED)
– Fluent in English (REQUIRED)
To apply, submit a resume and cover letter to Sonia Olla at email@example.com
ABOUT THE COMPANY
The husband-and-wife team of flamenco dancer SONIA OLLA & ISMAEL FERNANDEZ.—who were just tapped by Ricky Martin to choreograph his upcoming tour Vegas Residency —represent the authentic flamenco direct from Spain.
Throughout their careers, Sonia and Ismael have worked with flamenco legends such as Antonio Canales, Eva la Yerbabuena, María Pagés, Farruquito, Marina Heredia, El Torombo, the prestigious Orchestra director Gustavo Dudamel and Rafaela Carrasco, among others.
Artists of international prestige, directors and producers of their own shows, Sonia and Ismael currently reside in New York, where they combine the dance and cante classes with performance in outstanding venues such as The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts (NY), the Carnegie Hall (NY), Lincoln Center (NY), Le Poisson Rouge (NY), Rose Nagelberg Theatre at the Baruch Performing Arts Center (NY) and Instituto Cervantes (Chicago), to name a few.
Partners on and off the stage, Sonia and Ismael have created a wide range of shows such as Tablao Sevilla, Entretiempo, Por Los Caminos and Tiempo al Aire. They have been featured in The New York Times, The Washington Post and The New Yorker, as well as Spanish newspapers such as ABC, El País, La Vanguardia.
Last year they both worked for pop-icon Madonna for her 2015-2016 “Rebel Heart Tour”: Sonia as choreographer while samples of Ismael’s voice are featured during “La Isla Bonita”.