Company: Ballet Inc.
Location: New York , NY
Compensation: Alotted Ticket Sales ( Artist keeps all profits)
The Series is a cultural exchange of dance. This contemporary dance festival gives opportunites to 25 emerging dance companies, choreographers, and contemporary dance artists to share their work with Audiences, Company Directors, Producers, and Presenters of dance.We aim to cultivate opportunities for collaborations and commissions.
Who are we?
Ballet Inc. was founded in 2012 by Executive Artistic Director and Resident Choreographer Aaron Atkins and Former Executive Director Edgar Peterson III . Aaron and Edgar felt that there was a need for diversity within the dance community that appeared to only celebrate artist of very specific backgrounds and skillsets. Ballet Inc. gives a platform to an array of diverse, talented artists while challenging the performing arts and dance normative. Our goal is provide opportunities to these individuals regardless of race, ethnicity, body type or traditional dancer ‘limitations’.
Ballet Inc. Offers:
– Performing in a ideally located performance venue
– Networking Company Directors, Producers and Presenters of Dance
– Complimentary HD quailty wide shot footage
– Complimentary Hi-Res photography
– Press & Marketing assistance
– Ballet Inc’s Lighting Designer will set your lighting
– Complimentary tickets to sale ( 5 tickets – Artist keeps profits)
PLUS, 1 exceptional artist will be honored with the Ballet Inc. Emerging Choreographer Award
Location: Queens Theatre In The Park, Queens, NY
Performance Date avaliabilty: July 29th
Artist Fees Overview:
Application Fee: $35.00 (Non Refundable) – Via PayPal
Production fee: $250.00 (5-7 Min) or $500.00 ( 15-20 Min) (upon acceptance)-via PayPal
Submission Deadline: May 20th, 2017 11:59 PM EST – Application
– Choreographer has choreographic experience no more than 5-7 years
– Proposed work no longer than 5Min. – 20 Min
– No Props or Projection allowed
*All Contemporary dance genres are encourged to apply*