Location: Brooklyn, NY
Dancewave seeks a Youth Camp Assistant for its Summer 2017 programs.
The Youth Camp Assistant will play a vital role in the success of three summer camps by supporting Teaching Artists in dance and visual arts classes for youth ages 5-13 years.
This is a seasonal position. The time commitment is as follows:
July 10 – 28, 2017
Monday – Fridays ONLY
– Supervising children
– Leading movement-based games and activities
– Assisting with snack, meal and bathroom breaks
– Preparing/cleaning the studio space before and after camp
– Taking attendance
– Actively participating in/facilitating activities
– Other duties as assigned
The successful candidate will:
– Have an interest in dance education and/or youth development
– Have a minimum of 2 years experience supervising children
– Be able to maintain a sense of humor and professionalism in busy and/or stressful situations
– Have a Bachelor’s degree in dance, education, or a related field (current college students with appropriate experience are encouraged to apply)
Dancewave is committed to recruiting a diverse team of talented staff members. Underrepresented minorities, particularly women and people of color, are encouraged to apply.
To apply, please submit a letter of interest and a one-page resume via email to email@example.com. Use subject line: Youth Camp Assistant. Applications will be reviewed on a first-come, first-served basis until the position is filled.