Midnight Shepherd Productions is casting several roles in their feature film, “DOGGED”, a psychological drama/thriller set in Wellington, New Zealand.
This is a micro-budget independent feature film that will be shot with a very small crew but it will be shot professionally and will be sent to international film festivals and markets. This will be great fun to shoot. The movie is a mystery psycho-thriller-drama called DOGGED and tells the story of Jamie, a small town weed-dealer, who in order to avoid her dad’s house foreclosure embarks on a one-night adventure in Wellington that will eventually uncover a dreadful family secret and change her life forever. At the core the story is really about two sisters and how their bond was broken because of a lie. The revealing and confrontation of the truth paves the way for the healing process to take place.
Midnight Shepherd is casting the following roles:
We are looking for 4 actors (White/Caucasian) to play the villains in our thriller. We are looking for big individuals if possible. Knowing how to ride a motorbike would be preferable but not essential. Some body paint and make-up will be applied to these actors. Shooting time: 2/3 days of 5 hours (max)
BAD GUY 1 “LEADER” (45-65): This character is big, scary and dangerous. He is wise and canny, also a bit crazy in the head.
BAD GUY 2 “TALKER” (25-35): This character is the talker of the group. He doesn’t have to be big physically, just big personality.
BAD GUY 3 “BIG” (25-55): This character is big, scary and dangerous.
BAD GUY 4 “ROOKIE” (19-30): This character is the rookie of the pack – forever trying to impress the leader.
If you would like to apply to be considered for any of these roles and you fit the criteria below, please send through a head shot, along with your contact information, and height, weight and measurement details. Please state which role you are applying for.
– All applicants must be available for the shooting dates in May/June 2016.
– All applicants must be Wellington-based during the filming period.
– This is a low-budget independent film and all actors will receive deferred payment (as outlined in their contract) with the possibility of back-end participation.
– Day-to-day expenses will be provided for as required.
– This type of production would suit aspiring actors and those who have not yet pushed open the doors to Hollywood, who are available over the New Zealand summer and want to sink their teeth into a feature film role.
– We have an awesome and relaxed atmosphere but you must have a professional attitude, be reliable, passionate and comfortable working in a low-budget environment.
– This is our third feature film. Our last feature film had a commercial release and was seen by thousands of people in Europe, USA and across the globe so this is an excellent opportunity to put your work out there in a professional way. Your talent will be in good hands 🙂
$ Payment: Deferred payment with back-end potential unless specially noted.