Title: Design Intern
Date: 21 November 2016 | 10:05 pm
This post is currently FREE with a tweet. Apply now!
An iconic New York brand, The Jill Stuart Collection began in 1993 with accessories and innovations such as the fashion backpack, cocktail mini dresses and plaid kilt skirts. The film “Clueless”, featured many of the designs from her first sportswear collection fueling her notoriety and international appeal.
– Design major or related concentration is recommended
– Must be available 2 or more days per week.
– Knowledge of fabrics, garment construction, and sewing (including hand sewing skills)
– Excellent organizational and Time management skills
– Excellent communication skills
– Ability to work well under pressure in a high-energy office environment
– Familiarity with New York Garment District stores and suppliers is a plus
– Enthusiastic and committed work ethic!
-Photographing and dressing models to assist stylist
– Managing fabric archive and trim closet.
– Sourcing fabrics and trims.
– Working closely with design team on daily tasks.
– Assisting with hand sewing, dyeing, and garment details.
– Organizing and pulling inspiration from vintage archive.