Title: ELR Media Group (NYC) seeks PR/Social Media Intern
Date: 3 August 2017 9:31 pm
Full service creative agency, ELR Media Group, is seeking enthusiastic, motivated, and fun-loving PR/Social Media interns to join the NEW YORK team for the Fall 2017 semester!
Alongside the East Coast Director & team, our interns will be working with a roster of Women’s Contemporary RTW & Accessories Collections. This is a great opportunity for any current student to experience the world of Fashion Public Relations up close and personal.
This internship is for credit only and requires a 3-month minimum commitment. Schedules can be flexible for academic needs – but a minimum of 3 days a week is a definite bonus and more beneficial to the program’s success.
– Possesses a positive & professional demeanor. We are looking for a go-getter who is not afraid to get their hands dirty and work hard.
– Strong knowledge relating to fashion trends, designers, relevant magazines, blogs, influencers and online sources.
– Superior written and communication skills (English/Journalism majors welcomed) and ability to multi-task.
– Exceptional knowledge of social media platforms including (but not limited to) Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat, etc.
– Creative thinker, writer and problem solver with excellent research skills.
– Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint), Google Drive, and Dropbox.
– Not required but a definite PLUS: Skilled in Adobe Creative Suite, and industry databases.
– Not required but a definite PLUS: 1-2 internships in the Fashion Industry (with stylists or influencers, publications, PR agencies, in house departments, etc.)
Traditional & Non-Traditional PR:
– Daily upkeep of contact lists and requests from editors, influencers, stylists, etc.
– Weekly Influencer Research and Reporting – finding new contacts that align with particular clients.
– Planning and assisting with influencer gifting/seeding.
– Seasonal Trend Reporting for ELR team (East & West Coast).
– Planning and assisting at special events.
– Draft press materials such as editorial pitches, press releases and media alerts.
– Daily print & digital media outlet searching for placements
– General maintenance of sample sets.
– Sample trafficking – documenting and coordinating all sample loans, gifts and inventory as needed.
– Assisting stylists/influencers during showroom pulls and appointments.
– Assistance in the planning/creation + overall maintenance of social media content and strategies for multiple brands.
– Concise, creative and cohesive copywriting.
– Daily monitoring and reporting of celebrities & influencers for potential hits from company gifts/seeding.