Title: Fashion Design Intern
Date: 15 November 2016 | 5:46 pm
Amy Matto is a contemporary womenswear fashion designer based in the heart of New York Fashion District. We are proud to be made entirely in New York City.
We are looking responsible, enthusiastic and hardworking fashion students or recent graduates seeking college credit eager to join our small team and intimately learn the ins and outs of the fashion industry.
Applicants will receive a well-rounded experience and get a glimpse into all aspects of the industry as we design, produce, sell and ship all in the same location! We even manufacture ALL of our product within in a two block radius in the heart of the garment district right here in NYC.
We have openings in sales and production as well, so feel to reach out regarding internship opportunities with Amy Matto!
• Eagerness to learn
• Ability to think outside the box
• Have a passion for fashion
• Willingness to throw down and help out for the sake of the team
• Currently pursuing a fashion related degree
• Experience in Photoshop and Microsoft Word is a HUGE plus!
• Part-time or full-time availability (will try to work with you and your schedule)
• Local trim and fabric sourcing in the garment district
• Create and maintain fabric and trim log
• Communicate directly with local factories regarding product development
• Help designer update design boards
• Research current and future trends
• Prepare and check new samples as they come in
• Simple patterning and sewing tasks
• Create and prepare tech packs/bill of materials to pass onto production